POINT: GB-11 (GALL BLADDER-11)
|English:||Yin Portals of the Head|
|Also Known As:||Reed Hole Yin
Yin Cavity on the Head
- At the base of the mastoid process, 1 cun below GB-10 Fubai.
- Posterior to the ear, along a curved line drawn from GB-9 Tianchong to GB-12 Wangu running within the hairline and approximately parallel to the line of the rim of the ear, in a depression, slightly more than two thirds of the distance between GB-9 Tianchong and GB-12 Wangu.
- Posterior to the mastoid process, at the junction of the middle third and lower third of the curved line connecting GB-9 Tianchong and GB-12 Wangu.
- Slanted insertion, 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Transverse insertion 0.5 to 1.5 cun.
Note: this point may be needled in any direction, depending on symptomology. Direct the needle either towards the area of pain or join to other points. The needle should be inserted deep to the subcutaneous layer, rather than more shallowly.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point of the Urinary Bladder, Small Intestine and San Jiao channels
- Clears the head
- Benefits the sense organs
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- This point mirrors the action of GB-44 Zuqiaoyin.