POINT: GB-36 (GALL BLADDER-36)
|Also Known As:||Outer Mound|
- On the lateral aspect of the lower leg, 7 cun superior to the prominence of the lateral malleolus, at the anterior border of the fibula.
Note: the distance between the tip of the lateral malleolus and the popliteal crease is 16 cun; locate this point 1 cun distal to the midpoint of this line.
- Midway between GB-34 Yanglingquan and the lateral malleolus, in front of GB-35 Yangjiao, at the anterior margin of the fibula.
- Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Xi-Cleft point
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Clears Heat
- Detoxifies poison
- Calms muscle spasms
Pain of the neck with aversion to Wind-Cold
- This point is primarily used for skin pain and Bi syndrome.
- For rabies, quickly moxa this point three times and then moxa the bitten area.
- It can be used for all painful conditions of the channel or organ.