POINT: GB-6 (GALL BLADDER-6)
|Also Known As:||Suspended Millimeter
- Below the temple, three quarters of the distance from ST-8 Touwei to GB-7 Qubin.
- In the temporal region, within the hairline, three quarters of the distance from ST-8 Touwei to GB-7 Qubin.
- Within the hairline, at the junction of the lower quarter and upper three-quarters of the distance between ST-8 Touwei to GB-7 Qubin.
- Straight insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Transverse insertion 0.5 to 1.5 cun.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point of the Stomach, San Jiao and Large Intestine channels
- Expels Wind
- Clears Heat
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
Febrile disease with one-sided headache
- According to several modern texts, moxibustion on this point is contraindicated.