POINT: REN-11 (CONCEPTION VESSEL-11)
|English:||Strengthen the Interior|
|Also Known As:||Build Within
Building the Interior
- 3 cun superior to the umbilicus, on the anterior midline.
- On the midline of the abdomen, 3 cun above the umbilicus and 5 cun below the sternocostal angle.
- Straight insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.8 to 1.5 cun.
- Caution: in thin patients, deep needling may penetrate the peritoneal cavity.
- Meeting point with the REN, Stomach, Small Intestine, Liver and Spleen channels
- Regulates and strengthens the Spleen
- Tonifies Ying Qi
- Harmonizes the Middle Jiao
- Regulates Qi
- Transforms Dampness
- Descends Rebellious Qi
- Promotes the rotting and ripening of the Stomach
- Contraindicated for moxibustion during pregnancy.
- This point is widely used for Stomach problems, to promote digestion and Descend Qi.
- It is better for Excess conditions.