POINT: REN-2 (CONCEPTION VESSEL-2)
|Also Known As:||Crooked Bone|
- On the midline of the lower abdomen, at the superior border of the pubic symphysis, 5 cun below the navel.
- On the midpoint of the upper border of the symphysis pubis.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: deep insertion will penetrate a full Bladder which should therefore be emptied before treatment.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Straight insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Meeting point with the Liver channel
- Benefits urination
- Regulates the Lower Jiao
- Warms and invigorates the Kidneys
Inability to urinate
Red and white leukorrhea (use 7 cones of moxa on REN-2 Qugu)
- Use needles and moxa with caution during pregnancy.
- This point acts primarily on the genitourinary area.
- Use this point especially where there is Cold.