POINT: SJ-14 (SAN JIAO-14)
|Also Known As:||Shoulder Opening
- On the shoulder, posterior to LI-15 Jianyu, in the depression inferior and posterior to the acromion when the arm is abducted.
- Located on the posterior inferior ridge of the acromion, in the depression about 1 cun posterior to LI-15 Jianyu.
- At the origin of the deltoid muscle, in the depression which lies posterior and inferior to the lateral extremity of the acromion.
Note: LI-15 Jianyu lies in the depression inferior and anterior to the acromion.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.7 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- With the arm abducted, insert perpendicularly towards the center of the axilla, 1 to 1,5 cun.
- Transverse, oblique insertion directed distally towards the elbow, 1.5 to 2 cun.
- Straight insertion for arthritis of the shoulder, with the arm abducted and the needle pointed toward HT-1 Jiquan in the armpit between the acromion of the shoulder and the greater tubercle of the humerus, 1.5 to 2 cun, or join to HT-1 Jiquan. Sensation: distention and soreness throughout the shoulder.
- Slanted insertion, for perifocal inflammation of the shoulder joint, pointed downward, 2 to 3 cun. Sensation: distention and soreness throughout the shoulder or a numb, electric sensation extending toward the fingers.
- Dispels Wind-Damp
- Alleviates pain
- Benefits the shoulder joint
- This is a major local point for the shoulder joint.