POINT: SP-7 (SPLEEN-7)
|Also Known As:||Seeping Valley
- At the posterior margin of the tibia, 3 cun directly above SP-6 Sanyinjiao.
- 6 cun from the tip of the medial malleolus, on the line connecting the tip of the medial malleolus and SP-9 Yinlingquan, posterior to the medial border of the tibia.
- On the medial side of the lower leg, 3 cun superior to SP-6 sanyinjiao, in a depression just posterior to the medial crest of the tibia.
Note: This point is most readily located one hand breadth superior to SP-6 Sanyinjiao.
- Straight insertion, 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
Note:according to several classic texts, this point is contraindicated to moxibustion.
- Fortifies the Spleen
- Resolves Dampness
- Promotes urination
- Disperses swelling
- According to several classic texts, this point is contraindicated to moxibustion.
- This point is good for people who eat without gaining weight, it all leaks out.