|Also Known As:||Broken Bowl|
- In the depression in the middle of the superior border of the clavicle and directly above the nipple, 4 cun from the midline of the chest.
- In the supraclavicular area, posterior to the superior border of the clavicle and at the midpoint, 4 cun lateral to the midline, on the mammilary line.
Note: this point should be located behind the clavicle.
- Straight insertion, 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Caution: care must be taken to avoid the blood vessel.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.3 to 0.5 cun along the posterior border of the clavicle.
- Caution: deep or posterior insertion may injure the subclavian vessels or puncture the Lung.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point of the Large Intestine, Small Intestine, San Jiao and Gall Bladder channels.
- Descends Lung Qi
- Clears Heat from the chest
- Activates the channel
- Alleviates pain
- Some classical texts prohibit needling this point during pregnancy.
- This point's principle function is to descend Rebellious Qi.
- This point has a calming effect on the Mind.