POINT: ST-19 (STOMACH-19)
|Also Known As:||Not at Ease
- 6 cun above the umbilicus, 2 cun lateral to REN-14 Juque.
- On the abdomen, 2 cun lateral to the midline and 6 cun superior to the umbilicus, level with REN-14 Juque.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Perpendicular insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Caution:Deep insertion may injure the Heart on the left or the Liver on the right if either of these organs is enlarged.
- Harmonizes the Middle Jiao
- Lowers rebellion
- Descends Qi
- Alleviates cough and wheezing
- This point affects the basic rhythms of life.
- It treats sleeping, eating and menstruation not functioning properly.
- The patient's mind is churning with an inability to solve problems.
- This points name refers to the inability of the Stomach to retain its contents.