POINT: KI-11 (KIDNEY-11)
|Also Known As:||Horizontal Bone
- Located 0.5 cun lateral to REN-2 Qugu, on the lower abdomen.
- Located 5 cun below the umbilicus, on the superior border of the symphysis pubis, 0.5 cun lateral to REN-2 Qugu.
- Straight insertion 1-1.5 cun.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: Deep needling will penetrate a full Bladder, which should therefore be emptied before treatment.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Meeting point of the Kidney Channel with the Chong Channel.
- Benefits the Lower Jiao.
- One source says this point is the endocrine point, used for the hypothalamus, testes and pituitary.
- Moxa can be used on this point for inability to conceive.
- One major source locates KI-11 Henggu - KI-17 Shenggu at 1 cun lateral to the midline.