POINT: KI-27 (KIDNEY-27)
|Also Known As:||Transport House
Transporting Point Mansion
- In the depression on the lower border of the clavicle, 2 cun lateral to the anterior midline.
Note: the 2 cun line is located halfway between the midline and the mammilary line.
- 2 cun lateral to the REN channel, in the depression on the lower border of the clavicle.
- 2 cun lateral to REN-21 Xuanji, in the depression beneath the inferior margin of the medial end of the clavicle.
- Puncture obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun.
- Moxibustion is applicable.
- Transverse insertion directed laterally along the inferior border of the clavicle 0.5 to 1 cun.
- Caution: deep perpendicular or oblique needling may puncture the Lung.
- Slanted insertion 0.5 to 0.8 cun.
- Stimulates the Kidneys' function of reception of Qi
- Subdues Rebellious Qi
- Stops cough and wheezing
- Calms asthma
- Resolves Phlegm
- Unbinds the chest
- Harmonizes the Stomach
- Lowers Rebellious Qi
- This point is said to be contraindicated during menstruation.
- This is a good point to balance the corpus callosum to balance the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
- This point is a storehouse of Spirit.
- this is an important local point for the treatment of asthma from Kidney Deficiency.