POINT: SP-8 (SPLEEN-8)
|Also Known As:||Earth's Mechanism
- 3 cun inferior to the medial condyle of the tibia, on the line connecting SP-9 Yinlingquan and the medial malleolus
- At the posterior margin of the tibia, 3 cun below SP-9 Yinlingquan
- On the medial side of the lower leg, 3 cun inferior to SP-9 Yinlingquan, in a depression just posterior to the medial crest of the tibia
- Note: This point is most easily located 1 handbreadth inferior to SP-9 Yinlingquan.
Alternatively, it may be located at the junction of the upper third and lower two thirds of the line drawn between the popliteal crease and the prominence of the medial malleolus.
- Straight insertion 1.5 to 2.5 cun, causing distention and soreness, possibly extending throughout the lower leg
- Perpendicular or oblique insertion 1 to 1.5 cun
- Xi-Cleft (Accumulating) point of the Spleen channel
- Gueki (secondary source) point
- Removes obstructions from the channel
- Regulates menstruation
- Invigorates the Blood
- Regulates Qi and Blood
- Harmonizes the Blood
- Harmonizes the Spleen
- Resolves Dampness
- Moderates acute conditions
- Regulates the uterus
- Stops pain
- Promotes spermatogenesis
- This point is frequently used in acute cases of dysmenorrhea to stop pain.
- If other Spleen points are not working well, try this point. It shakes up Earth.
- This point has a specific and important action on resolving Blood Stasis in the uterus and lower abdomen.