POINT: ST-29 (STOMACH-29)
|Also Known As:||Returning|
- 4 cun below the umbilicus, 2 cun lateral the REN-3 Zhongji.
- On the lower abdomen, 2 cun lateral to the midline and 4 cun inferior to the umbilicus, level with REN-3 Zhongji.
- Note: the 2 cun line runs halfway between the midline and the palpable lateral border of the rectus abdominus muscle.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.7 to 1.2 cun.
- Moxibustion ia applicable.
- Perpendicular insertion 1 to 1.5 cun.
- Caution: deep insertion may penetrate the peritoneal cavity in thin patients or may penetrate a full Bladder; the patient should therefore be asked to empty the Bladder before treatment.
- Straight insertion or transverse insertion towards the symphysis pubis, 1.5 to 2 cun. Sensation: distention and soreness in the lower abdomen, sometimes extending into the genital region.
- Relieves Blood Stagnation
- Warms the Lower Jiao
- Regulates menstruation
- Benefits the genital region
- Removes Blood Stagnation from the uterus
- This is one of the most important points to eliminate Blood Stagnation in the uterus and regulate the menses.
- The main function of this point is to warm the Lower Jiao.
- The name indicates a return of menstruation.
- It is particularly suited to treatment by moxibustion.